I hit enter and apparently I shouldn't have because my blog was blank. Which is exactly like my mind is this time of night. I have finally attempted to be a "BLOGGER" not sure how it will all progress, but we are trying. I enjoy reading everyone's humor etc, but my mind is rather empty of any insite. I am ready to be done with finishing the house. It has been a work in progress for almost ever. Since the day we had the hole dug for the foundation. Most of the molding is finally painted and the doors are free of runs - hurray - and some painted for the very first time. We are in what is called the staging process. That means I need to finish sewing the curtains which have been hanging around for a while now and Ken needs to put up the rods. Things are finally looking almost finished and it is a good feeling - now if only we could freeze wrap it so it stays that way.
We have a little touch up to do on the newly painted walls - in Lukies room. He decided to try painting the walls with "Paint" from his diaper. He is so darn cute that it just doesn't pay to get angry with him. The other morning I heard the front door bell ring and guess who is standing on the bench on the front porch - naked ringing the door bell. Yep you guessed right - Lukie Boy.
Ken and I and the kids, Luke, Sydney and Kendra took Don to the airport last Thursday so that he could fly to Tucson for his grandpa's funeral. Well it was SHOP HOP week for the Wasatch Front and I just thought I needed to take advantage of the trip to Salt Lake. If you don't know what a Shop Hop is well it is like a HOT FUDGE SUNDAE with a Cherry on top. The quilting stores ( about 15 of them) from Logan to Springville have sales and games and prizes and patterns and food. They each picked a theme from ONCE UPON A TIME and went from there.
Needlesstosay I had a wonderful time seeing plenty of new fabrics and quilts I want to make. The kids got prizes at each shop and candy and food of course. Quilting is my addiction and it is something I love to do each day if I get a chance. I got to visit about 6 of my favorite shops and had a great visit with Mara Rands. The kids got to feed the ducks at Gardner Village so everyone had a great day.
Anyone wanting to quilt - I'll drop everything to do it with you!!!!!
Good Grief!
16 years ago
12 comments:
Nice blog. It is a great start. You will have so much fun now. I agree I enjoy reading everyone's blogs and what they are doing. The hot day in SLC was fun and tiring but it was worth the trip just to have the kids for a day.
Great first blog MOM. And you said you had nothing to write about. I think you just proved you have something to say. Can wait to hear more!!
I can't wait to hear more!! Dang non-edit mode!!
"Can" would have been rude of me and I am not rude!!!
Wonderful blog, i especially like the color theme you chose. Tell us more!!! Don't worry about you not having anything to say, I don't think I remember a time when you were at a loss for words. The wisdom you have is everlasting.
Such up alert! Melissa, your the suck up of the day!
suck up!
Great post! I love everything about your blog. Please, oh please, write more. I need your everlasting wisdom just to get through the day. Also have you been working out? You look great. And I love your hair. Thanks for being you. Your great. Keep posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy! so glad to see you join the ranks! It's a nice way to keep the family updated.
I agree you wisdom is everlasting and I enjoying hearing it. I glad you are doing a blog now..
Where is a new post??? You can't start a blog and then neglect your readers???
How come you never post!
Where are you. Have you got lost in the computer???? We need an update.
Post a Comment